Cup-4-Cup Hostess Cupcake Recipe
For the Cupcakes:
1 pouch Cup4Cup Chocolate Brownie Mix
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup boiling water
For Whipped Mascarpone Filling:
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
For Dark Chocolate Glaze:
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon corn syrup
2.3 ounces 70% dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine brownie mix with the baking powder. Whisk together.
3. Mix together eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract and add to dry ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated. Stir boiling water into the batter.
4. Line one cupcake tin with cupcake liners and fill cups evenly with the batter.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cupcakes are done in the center and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool baked cupcakes to room temperature.
6. While cakes cool, make the filling: Mix together mascarpone and milk. Add the remaining ingredients and whip together until smooth. Transfer filling into a piping bag fitted with a pastry tip.
7. To make the glaze, place the heavy cream and corn syrup in a pot and bring to a boil. Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and mix until all of the chocolate is melted. Use immediately.
8. To assemble: Pipe the filling into the cooled cupcakes, inserting it into the top-center of the cupcakes. Invert the filled cupcakes into the chocolate glaze to “frost” each of the cupcakes. Repeat the dipping process once more to attain a thicker glaze.
9. Set the cupcakes aside in a cool area or refrigerator to set the glaze.
10. For the design on top, melt a small amount of white chocolate and decorate as desired.